AQ PASSION LOUDSPEAKER PAIR
AQ'S FLAGSHIP MODEL
ELEGANTLY SIMPLE TECHNICALLY COMPLEX
The Passion Loudspeakers are based on 25 years of expert loudspeaker design and the exquisite and highly advanced enclosure designed by industrial design studio Novague. Passion took two years to develop with progressive know how of the preceding Donna series. Cost was no object in the development of the Passion series, which established new absolute reference and impeccable musical delivery.
Novague is a cutting edge industrial Design Studio based in Czech Republic that has received many design accolades. Their name is synonymous with ERKO R2 Car, The EDGE Chair, Favorit bicycle and the Solaris motorboat.
To achieve full range sound AQ Passion is designed as a three-way speaker with finely tuned bass reflex enclosure. Baffle is an asymmetrical shell consisting of a proprietary sandwich laminated wood-fiber material with integrated active system of internal damping BDS. Outstanding Danish Scan-Speak drivers were selected for all three sections, providing impeccable integration.
Tweeter section is highlighted by a 1” Illuminator high frequency driver with a field of six neodymium magnets, forming a symmetrical drive SD-2 with its own acoustic chamber. Positive impact on the directional characteristics of high frequencies is the integrated aluminum phase plug, which also provides heat dissipation. Illuminator has a maximally balanced frequency response up to 45 kHz. The oscillating part is composed with half of the toroid and not a spherical cap, as usual. To reduce the diffraction, a damping rubberized rosette is inserted around the tweeter’s membrane.
The Scan-Speak midrange driver compliments seamlessly the tweeter section. It has a symmetrical drive SD-3, where the magnetic field is generated by neodymium magnet. Sophisticated cone with integrated flat ridges is designed to suppress the standing waves and is attached to linear rubber suspension.
3D sculpted baffle below the midrange features 10” Revelator bass driver that is attached with metric tensile strength bolts. 10" Revelator has advanced carbon fiber reinforced paper cone and has extremely low distortion and high power.
Spatial 3D speaker baffle is one of the key steps to achieving extremely flat phase response. With its proper spatial orientation, the acoustic axis of the loudspeaker is directed toward the seated listener, not the floor, as is common for high-end speakers. Additionally, flush mounting of the drivers eliminates edge diffraction. Asymmetrically shaped enclosure eliminates interior standing waves and provides outstanding rigidity to the loudspeaker. The resulting sound is highly accurate and pristine.
Audio Press: "Given the massive woofer it is not surprising that AQ Passion appreciates powerful amplifier, but what is pleasantly surprising is the astounding accuracy and balanced presentation. Overall, the Passion loudspeakers behave more like an audiophile two-way and with powerful bass driver filling the lowest octaves."
Highest quality AUDIOQUEST Castle Rock internal wiring is used throughout. It features Solid Core and DBS system and it is thermally soldered. Internal Crossover features hand selected, matched components that are point to point soldered on 10mm panel. Aircore woofer coil uses impressive 4mm2 high purity copper wire.
- Scan-Speak 10" Revelator mid-bass driver with advanced carbon fiber reinforced paper cone and resulting in extremely low distortion and high power capability
- Latest 1" Scan-Speak Illuminator tweeter housed in its own chamber
- Tweeter membrane features a toroid shape rather than the typical sphere producing outstanding flat frequency response. Six neodymium magnets positioned in the AirCirc rear chamber create a permanent magnetic field.
- Midrange features Scan-Speak symmetrical drive SD-3, where the magnetic field is generated by neodymium magnet. Sophisticated cone with integrated flat ridges suppresses standing waves in the cone.
- Spatial 3-D modeled curved front baffle is key in achieving flat frequency response
- BDS cabinet damping and non-reflective internal panels eliminate standing waves inside speaker cabinet
- Acoustic axis of the speaker is directed toward the seated listener, not the floor as is common with most loudspeakers
- Cabinet is reinforced by unique pockets with steel vibration absorbing beads
Custom 5-way speaker terminals feature machined polyethylene plate and solid core gold plated copper connectors
- Audioquest Castle Rock internal wiring
- Bi-wireable or bi-ampable
- Front ported bass-reflex design for flexible placement
Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 45 kHz within 4 dB
Sensitivity: 89 dB
Impedance: 6 Ohm
Max Short-Time: 220 W
Crossover slope: 12.6/12.2 dB/oct
Dimensions: 48.0 h x 11.8 w x 17.3 d in.
Weight: 121 lbs. ea.
Warranty: 5 yrs.
Proprietary Design - Curved Front Baffle
Loudspeakers AQ Passion won prestigious international award for exceptional design and innovation A’ Design Award & Competition 2015-2016 in category music, audio and sound design. This prestigious award is a symbol of design and innovation exceptionality.
SHIPPING: The shipping weight per pair of AQ Passion is 250 lbs. Shipment by FEDEX Home Delivery/Insured is FREE if your delivery addresses is within the 48 continental states. If your delivery address is in Alaska, Hawaii, Canada or other location outside of the USA, please call (480) 607-2277) or email email@example.com to determine the shipping cost and to place your order. Duties, taxes and fees on shipments to destinations outside of the USA are NOT included in the price.