MUSIC HALL MMF-3.3 - OPEN BOX
Sorry, this item is out of stock
MUSIC HALL'S DUAL PLINTH DESIGN
FOR A SONG
OPEN BOX unit in excellent condition.
Includes 6 mos. limited warranty.
MUSIC HALL'S FIRST ENTRY-LEVEL TABLE UTILIZING THEIR UNIQUE DUAL-PLINTH TECHNOLOGY.
THE MOTOR IS MOUNTED ON THE LOWER PLINTH ISOLATING IT FROM THE SOUND REPRODUCING COMPONENTS; MAIN BEARING, TONEARM, AND CARTRIDGE MOUNTED ON THE UPPER PLINTH. VIBRATION ABSORBING CONES SEPARATE THE TWO PLINTHS.
THE 3-SPEED (33 1/3, 45, 78 rpm) BELT-DRIVEN TABLE WAS DEVELOPED FOR THOSE SEEKING A PERFECTLY MATCHED SET OF FEATURES WITH AN UNCOMPROMISING FOCUS ON SOUND PERFORMANCE.
THE MMF-3.3 COMES COMPLETE WITH A CARBON-FIBER TONEARM AND PRECISION MOUNTED ORTOFON 2M RED CARTRIDGE.
This tonearm is unique to Music Hall. Bonding the alloy headshell to the carbon arm-tube stiffens and dampens the carbon-fiber tube. This construction significantly improves the sound and performance over similar looking one-piece carbon arms. The alloy headshell allows you to securely mount the cartridge to the tonearm without the twist and flex that is common in lesser one-piece carbon arms. Tonearms should not twist/flex as this negatively impacts the cartridge and tonearm’s ability to properly track the record groove. On many one-piece carbon tonearms, you can literally pinch the cartridge end of arm between your thumb and forefinger and twist the arm-tube. Try this with the Music Hall carbon arm and the tonearm remains rigid as your fingers begin to ache.
The arm itself is housed in a 4-point gimbal bearing construction using Swiss ABEC bearings. This is superior to many of Music Hall’s competitors who use a lesser 2-point bearing system.
The Music Hall MMF-3.3 embodies the culmination of 30 years of research, development, and most important, listening.
- Gorgeous high-gloss piano black lacquer or exquisite raw walnut veneer finish
- Music Hall’s unique dual-plinth design – isolating the electronics and motor from the main bearing and tonearm
- 33⅓, 45, or 78 rpm speeds at the touch of a button
- Electronic speed controlled DC motor for superior speed stability, isolated on lower plinth
- Custom carbon fiber tonearm with alloy headshell for superb tracking ability
- Flexible internal tonearm wire drawn from high purity copper
- Counterweight’s center of gravity is level with the stylus tip is decoupled from the arm and acts as a resonance damper
- Highly acclaimed Ortofon 2M Red cartridge with replaceable elliptical stylus ($100 value)
- The cartridge supplied is properly aligned and mounted
- High precision stainless steel and bronze main bearing assembly for quiet fluid operation
- Special vibration damping adjustable feet
- High quality gold RCA connectors with detachable phono cable
- Full-size alloy platter and felt mat
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Dust cover and 45 rpm adaptor included
- Warranty: 6 mos. limited
Power Supply: 15V / 0-0.8mA DC, universal power supply
Power Consumption: 4W / 0W in stand-by
Speeds: 33 1⁄3 rpm, 45 rpm (manual change to 78 rpm)
Speed deviation: ± 0.18%
Wow and flutter: ±0.11 %
Rumble Max: < -68 db
Effective Tonearm Length: 8.6 in.(218.5mm)
Overhang: .73 inch (18.5mm)
Dimensions: 16.75 w x 12.6 d x 5.19 h in. (415 x 230 x 132 mm)
Weight (including pkg.): 15 lbs. (6.8 kg)
Ortofon 2M RED
Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz ± 3 dB
Channel Balance: 1.5 dB @ 1 kHz
Channel Separation: 22 dB @ 1 kHz
Output: 5.5mV, 1 kHz @ 5 cm/sec
Vertical Tracking Angle: 20 degrees
Stylus Shape: Elliptical Stylus
Load Impedance: 47,000 Ohm
Cartridge Weight: 7.2g
Fixing Center: 0.5” (12.7 mm)
Playing Weight 1.6 – 2.0 g (2.0 g nom.)
SHIPPING: The shipping weight of the Music Hall MMF-3.3 is 22 lbs. Shipment by FEDEX Home Delivery/Insured is FREE if your delivery addresses is within the 48 continental states. If your delivery address is in Alaska, Hawaii, Canada or other location outside of the USA, please call (480) 607-2277) or email email@example.com to determine the shipping cost and to place your order. Duties, taxes and fees on shipments to destinations outside of the USA are NOT included in the price.