AQ PASSION TEEN LOUDSPEAKER PAIR
AQ'S FINEST PEDIGREE
REVEALS THE PASSION OF MUSIC
Her heart is of Scandinavian origins and the finest pedigree. Scan-Speak is true royal family in the world of drivers and the Passion Teen features the absolute best from Scan-Speak.
The tweeter is the latest in the series of 1” Illuminators. Membrane does not form a spherical cap, as usual, but in this case the membrane has the partial shape of a toroid. Centrally placed metal Phase plug improves cooling and guarantees outstanding flat frequency response +- 2 dB from 1 kHz to airy 30 kHz. Metal Faceplate features porous rubber that suppresses acoustic diffraction. Six neodymium magnets positioned in the AirCirc rear chamber creates a permanent magnetic field.
6.5” Scan-Speak Revelator series of the same royal pedigree handles midrange and the bass. Paper membrane is sliced with irregular grooves and filled with proprietary damping material. This solution significantly reduces the possibility of standing waves on the membrane and membrane breakup. The suspension is low loss rubber SBR and allows extreme x-max up to 13 mm. The result is outstanding transfer of extremely low frequencies. The magnetic drive consists of a proprietary symmetric linear motor SD -1.
Passion Teen front baffle was created through advanced 3D modeling and is produced on a five-axis CNC from a 50 mm HD MDF panel. Drivers are mounted with high tensile strength metric screws to optimal tension that unifies the driver and the baffle into one element. The loudspeaker enclosure is manufactured with a sandwich technology with an active BDS damping and non-reflective internal panels. With this advanced construction, the entire enclosure is incredibly rigid and eliminates resonances and the internal standing waves. Spatial location enables the acoustic axis directed to the seated audience, the transition zone between the drivers is phase correct and there is no diffraction.
The superiority of the driver’s internal crossover results in a first order that has the advantage of minimal phase shift. Internal wiring is Solid Core AUDIOQUEST. Crossover components are hand selected, individually measured, matched and are point to point wired and thermally soldered. Internal wiring is soldered directly to the contacts on the transducers and terminals, eliminating the possibility of contact resistance.
AQ Passion Teen excels with breathtaking and superbly transparent midrange and with outstandingly smooth frequency characteristics. All of the above efforts guarantee an amazing 3db measured performance from 800Hz to 30kHz.
- Scan-Speak 6.5" Revelator mid-bass driver. Paper membrane is sliced with irregular grooves and filled with proprietary damping material.
- Latest 1" Scan-Speak Illuminator tweeter. Membrane features a toroid shape rather than the typical sphere producing outstanding flat frequency response. Six neodymium magnets positioned in the AirCirc rear chamber create a permanent magnetic field.
- Audioquest Castle Rock internal wiring
- Advanced 3-D modeled front baffle for superior damping and perfect phase coherence with drive units
- BDS cabinet damping and non-reflective internal panels eliminate standing waves inside speaker cabinet
- Minimal phase shift first-order crossover
- Custom 5-way speaker terminals feature machined polyethylene plate and solid core gold plated copper connectors
- Bi-wireable or bi-ampable
- Front ported bass-reflex design for near wall placement
- Compact design for small to mid-size rooms
- Ideal for use with sub-woofer in larger rooms
Frequency Response: 30 Hz - 45 kHz within 4 dB
Sensitivity: 89 dB
Impedance: 6 Ohm
Max Short-Time: 160 W
Crossover slope: 6.6 dB/oct
Dimensions: 17.7 h x 8.9 w x 14.1 d in.
Weight: 34.1 lbs. ea.
Warranty: 5 yrs.
SHIPPING: The shipping weight per pair of AQ Passion Teen is 74 lbs. Shipment by FEDEX Home Delivery/Insured is FREE if your delivery addresses is within the 48 continental states. If your delivery address is in Alaska, Hawaii, Canada or other location outside of the USA, please call (480) 607-2277) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to determine the shipping cost and to place your order. Duties, taxes and fees on shipments to destinations outside of the USA are NOT included in the price.