MUSIC HALL MMF - 7.3 TURNTABLE W/O CARTRIDGE
HIGH GLOSS PIANO BLACK LACQUER
THE MUSIC HALL MMF-7.3 TURNTABLE IS A 2-SPEED, BELT-DRIVEN AUDIOPHILE TURNTABLE EMPLOYING THE UNIQUE DUAL-PLINTH CONSTRUCTION ORIGINATED BY MUSIC HALL.
The distinctive design of the mmf-7.3 isolates the critical sound reproducing components; platter, main bearing, tonearm, and cartridge on the top platform from the adjustable tip-toe feet which are mounted on the bottom platform. The motor speed controls, and wiring are isolated on their own platform and completely decoupled from the turntable.
Sorbothane hemispheres separate the two platforms and provide additional suspension and vibration damping.
The mmf-7.3 comes in a high-gloss piano black lacquer finish and is available with or without the Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge. This listing is for the 7.3 is without cartridge.
- Music hall’s unique dual-plinth construction
- One-piece carbon fiber tonearm
- Fully adjustable VTA, azimuth, and dampened arm lift mechanism
- Counterweight’s center of gravity is level with the stylus tip, is decoupled from the arm, and acts as a resonance damper
- Completely isolated/decoupled DC synchronous motor with 33.3 and 45 rpm speed controls located in the front left corner of the turntable. This cancels any potential vibration from the motor/belt to the cartridge.
- Motor sits on it's own vibration damping puck
- Optional Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge with replaceable nude fine-line diamond stylus ($440 value)
- The cartridge supplied is properly aligned and mounted
- Precision stainless steel main bearing sheathed in Teflon® for noise-free fluid operation
- Non-resonant acrylic platter with soft felt mat and screw-on record clamp
- High quality gold RCA connectors
- Detachable phono cable
- Adjustable tip-toe feet with anti-scratch cups
- Built-in round spirit level for proper leveling
- Low noise fully manual belt-drive design
- Excellent instruction manual and easy assembly
- Dust cover and 45 rpm adaptor included
The Ortofon 2M Series is designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove.
The 2M Series is developed in conjunction with the Danish Industrial designer Møller Jensen Design – the same designer who designed the award winning MC Jubilee and Kontrapunkt series. Inspired by the facets of a diamond, whose contours gracefully trace the grooves on a record’s surface, the 2M’s handsome elegance establishes a great combination of form and functionality.
2M means MM, which is the abbreviation for moving magnet.
Of course the 2M isn’t just another pretty face. It has been engineered to the highest standards and is congruent with Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without coloration.
The 2M Bronze features a nude Fine Line diamond stylus, which is particularly suited for demanding applications. The slim profile of the Fine Line stylus will track even the highest frequency information, making it a must for discerning listeners. Additionally, its larger footprint ensures reduced distortion and record wear.
The cartridge body used for the 2M Bronze is manufactured from a newly-developed Lexan DMX Piano Black, a revolutionary material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances. The 2M Bronze uses a special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.
Ortofon has optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used with a wide variety of phono preamps.
Power Supply: 15V / 0-0.8mA DC
Universal Power Supply Power Connection: 100 – 240 Volt
50 or 60 Hz Standby Power Consumption: < 1 W
Speeds: 33. and 45 rpm electronic speed control and push-button switch
Wow and Flutter: ± 0.10 %speed deviation± 0.80%
Rumble Max: > – 70 dB
Effective Tonearm Length: 9 in. (230 mm)
Tonearm Weight: 250 g (without counterweight)
Effective Tonearm Mass: 8.5 g
Overhang: 18 mm
Dimensions: 18.25 w x 13.25 d x 5.5 h in.
Weight: 24 lbs.
Warranty: 1 yr. limited
SHIPPING: The shipping weight on the Music Hall MMF-7.3 turntable is 30 lbs. Shipment by FEDEX Home Delivery/Insured is FREE if your delivery addresses is within the 48 continental states. If your delivery address is in Alaska, Hawaii, Canada or other location outside of the USA, please call (480) 607-2277) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to determine the shipping cost and to place your order. Duties, taxes and fees on shipments to destinations outside of the USA are NOT included in the price.